Sunday, January 3, 2010

Moleff Night

Moleff Night
Each Saturday evening at 6:00 pm we have what is called "Moleff Night" at our apartment.  Moleff Night is a Social evening where  members and non-members can come. hear a spiritual thought, play some  games, and eat some of Sister Moleff's home baked goodies.  The Russian ice cream is also VERY GOOD.  The Missionaries and Moleffs take turns in presenting the Spititual Thought.  It is usually the youth who come.     The following are a few photographs of those who have attended the  different Moleff Nights.
The purpose of Moleff Night is to provide a place other than Church where the "Spirit" can be felt and the youth can fellowship with one another.  Many times the people just linger after its all over, just wanting to enjoy each others company a little more.

  The Russians love to play games.  Sister Moleff will come home with a lot of games she can teach her grandchildren.  The rule is that desset is served only after the photographs are taken to be put into Sister Moleff's Guest Book which everyone signs.  I wish I had thought of this when we first got here.  One of the first things they want to do when they get to Moleff Night is look through the Guest Book and see the last weeks picture.  When someone new comes and wants to know why we have a Guest Book, I tell them when I get home on Sundays in the winter I can sit in front of the fireplace and look at all my friends back in Ulan Ude and remember the fun we had.

This Moleff Night was held at the branch.  Our new Mission President was here for the first time and our apartment was not large enough to hold everyone.  The couple on the far left in the 2nd and 3rd row are President and Sister Trejo. I count 10 missionaries (2 Senior Couples) in the picture and 3 non-members  and  2  of them  have since been baptized.

The oldest person who sometimes comes is Babalouba.  She is the sister in the blue jacket on the couch, she is 71 years old.  We met her the first night we got here.  We went to her apartment with the Missionaries to teach a discussion, but her friend did not come.  The first thing I noticed about her was 'the light of the Gospel' in her eyes.   On the other end of the couch is her granddaughter Olga (long blonde hair) she just returned from her mission the end of the summer.

No comments: